Thursday 10 July 2014

Lets Value Life and Love

Reading the book of eccleciates about life and its reward, I kept wondering, why really is life so troublesome. And why do we struggle to make the ends meet? Why do we have people who are more equal than the others? What is the essence of a brainwashing education that leaves ignorant to contemporary issues? Why do we have the president and all this other bureaucratic institutions with very longs lines of command. Why do we need the army and the police? What was behind the reason for the fool who invented the gun? What about the buffoon who spearheaded fabrication of weapons of mass destruction?
life is precious just like christ is precious. That is why he is the light, the way and the truth. But come to think of it, you who kill a person with a gun, shall you not die and follow his soul into the soil. You who perpetrate violence and tribal war, do you not consider your brothers and sisters being victims of the same machinations. Religious, cultural and political indoctrinations notwithstanding, life remains precious. Our dissent regardless of the magnitude can never justify the loss of life.
Listen good people, tribal war and hate has taken centre stage in our nation. The social fabric has deteriorated into a consolidation of heterogeneous tribal blocs. Worse still the political class has perfected this doctrine of tribal patronage and has left the entire nation singing its tune. That should not surprise, considering the kind of generation we living in. The generation that saint Paul talks about, the perilous times that indicate the coming of Jesus. What surprise me though, is the calibre of people who are singing along this unfortunate turn of events. The elites, and I mean you and me who are taking part in this conversation.
Yes, its you am talking to. Don't look at your neighbour, it is you who can read and write, who can browse and have the ability to use this internet utility. You who is the cream of this society, the very admired member of the dotcom generation, the millenial generation, the flamboyant generation Y. The generation that has been tagged as owning less and sharing more. A generation that is at war with its senior silent generation. Its you am talking about, the very enlightened and informed generation. Why have you been manipulated by the political class. This political class does not belong to our generation. They belong to an older generation called the silent generation. This people unlike we, they would own what does not belong to them. They would fight for a promotion that they do not deserve. They are slow to think and to act sequentially. This is the generation that rules us and this is the generation that has stipulated the tribal machinations that we have helped perpetrate.
Shame on you. Yes you who is reading this. You are an elite and in your mind, you came to my blog and before reading you looked at my last name! Shame on! Before reading this blog you judged my faith! Shame on you! Yes am a luyha, a bukusu for that matter! I am proud of my roots! But most importantly am Kenyan! I love everybody! Our differences are natural, but to me this is trivial, we magnify our differences by the artificial mindset that the political class has injected in to our minds. I have all friends from all over parts of Kenya. 95% of my friends do not come from my tribe and I must say, I cannot Imagine life without these people. They are dear to me and they care about me and so do I. If only we crash this tribal prism from which we perceive issues then we can care for each other indiscriminately. I love Kenya and I love all the tribes in this land and I love life and I love leaving in a multicultural peaceful society. God bless Kenya

No comments:

Post a Comment