Friday 4 July 2014

The letter to Raila

I greet you Rt. Honourable Odinga, in the name of democracy. With a backdrop of a heightened political environment, am informed to write to you this letter enigma, to whisper a voice of reason in an atmosphere that is evidently empty of the same. Am a concerned Kenyan and better still a 'cord follower' like one griffin wasike popular chooses to call me. In the recent past I have suffered a lot of interrogation by most of my contemporaries on the motives behind this rising political cloud one year after a very competitive election. To be sincere, I have always tried my best to defend you, even in the event your actions were indefensible. This time round, Rt. Honourable, I have been unable to justify your motives behind this rally, however, much I have tried to.
This is the reason why I chose to write this letter to you, your honour. I want to go and say to them what you told me, I want to have an answer to give to this curious and worried faces. I want to take an answer to this cynics and wet blankets who believe democracy in kenya is a sour seed. I would love if at the end of our conversation I can convince one sceptical Kenyan, that indeed we need these rallies and we need them desperately. Your honour, I want the truth to come out, and I would want to tell them that your great struggle for freedom and open democracy has not been overtaken by selfish interests and pursuits. Your honour, make me understand why you are doing this rallies.
My last letter I did to the president. He is a small boy compared to you, in your own father's words jaramogi called it the 'political novices'. Your honour, just before you wrote him a letter I had just delivered mine. I don't know, but I think, the reason why he did not reply yours, is because he was writing a reply to me. Your letter found him when he had already been overtaken by events. Do not blame him, he is a busy man, you know what it takes to be a president right? But most importantly, in my letter to the president, I made my self clear, that I was your supporter and like he did, I expected him to address my concerns impartially. Today, I will let you know, that I have been your supporter, and I am still. Address me like you would have addressed a crowd in Kisumu or Kibera or Mombasa.
Your honour, Just like my buddies, I do not support this rally thing, and I don't like it mahn. This thing called SabaSaba, whatever it means, I also do not like it man. However, I support the call for the national dialogue, although some of your demands are raising questions on the aptitude level of your think-tank. Come on man, we need this dialogue and we really need it desperately. But why the rallies, why pressure government, and by the way what do you mean by pressure, does it mean the government will be forced to concede for the dialogue when blood is shed. We ve seen political activities already, even before you jetted in from America, but the government has not yet conceded to your political activities yet. what now about saba saba? what will be different on this occasion for the government to concede, will it be bloodshed? or demolition and destruction of property? Honourable make me understand, because in Kenya we are used to rallies and many of which are spearheaded by the opposition, what will be so different about this thing called Saba Saba! for the government to concede then.
I must salute you for the struggle to establish better governance for the Kenyan people. I salute you for the second liberation of this nation, from single party tyranny into a more spacious democratic arena. Honourable I salute you for fearlessly fighting against the oppressive Nyayo regime, and I also salute you for the recent reforms with regard to the constitutional dispensation. I salute you for being the voice of the marginalised, the hopeless and the left outs. I salute you honourable, for being the undisputed father of democracy in this land, I cant say more, this far we have come, democratically your hand is so conspicuous. But what now, do we need to shed another blood to drive sense to the two novices in the house on the hill.
Come on man, we know they have not been up-to the task so far, but do we all have to pay for the price of their incompetency. Not really. The speculations of political turmoil will of course culminate in an ungovernable nation but more profound consequences are within the details. The private sector fraternity has already raised the red flag and the financial markets will follow suit. Business activities of course will come to a halt and our economy will suffer a big setback. If the worst come then some miserable hassler will have to shed blood out of the demonstrations leaving a disgruntled family behind, there will be ethnic mobilization that will result into tribal clashes! Rt. Honourable, is it your joy that even me I should go through this, come on man!
Do not be insensitive, do not be immune to the suffering of a common mwananchi like me. Remember this Rt. Honourable, kenya belongs to all of us, we are equal citizens and  just like yours, my opinion counts as much. Please stop this madness called Saba Saba! Can we address issues of national importance holistically without any political bickering. Your young brother in state house is a man who listens, talk to him and let us reason together. Please abeg oooh!

No comments:

Post a Comment